Brady had his first tee-ball game this week.
Both the league and this particular team are somewhat lacking in organization, so I was pretty irritated after the first practice. (Really...15 kids on the team and you have them run the bases one at a time?!?) I was all up in my irritation when Brady ran over at the end of practice and said, "Mom, that was awesome!". Um...keeping my mouth shut!
Anyway, at the "game" : Each kid gets to bat until they get a fair hit off the tee. Then that kid runs to first and advances around the bases with each subsequent hit. As you can imagine, it's not exactly a nail-biter of a game. :)
Warming up:
Looking pretty confident...
First time at bat:
Safe at first
and second...
and heading toward third...
Brady got to play shortstop:
And...here's what James has to say about it:
So Sisyphus was the guy who had to roll the rock up the hill, and Tantalus was the guy who couldn't reach the the water or the grapes. What was the name of the guy who had to watch t-ball practice?
So, even though we're not thrilled with the experience so far, we're not coaching so we're going to put on my happy face and thank the coaches for their efforts. And I'll reconsider coaching in the spring (or, better yet, work harder to convince James to coach next spring)! I'm sure Brady is still learning...teamwork? Commitment? One of those important things, I'm sure...











No comments:
Post a Comment