Saturday, September 25, 2010

We are...Penn State!

We rolled into State College this morning around 10:30. We're staying with James' old advisor, so we had a nice morning visiting with them. The boys LOVED playing in their backyard, on possibly one of the best climbing trees ever.

We got to go to my favorite restaurant for lunch before heading to the game. We forgot how crazy the town can be before a game. Brady and Rudy were both amazed with the RVs and tailgates we passed.

This was the biggest game any of us had ever been to - 105,000 people!! (James and I hadn't been in Beaver Stadium since the last expansion.) Brady loved the whole experience. At one point after a good play, he was clapping wildly and cheering. James asked what he was cheering for, but Brady had no idea!

This might be the only four year old to ever sleep through a Big 10 football game...

He finally woke up midway through the second quarter!

After the game, we went back to the home of a friend's parents for a "tailgate" dinner and then we headed back to Jim and Andy's house for a backyard fire with s'mores!

Tomorrow - it's the drive home! I drove nearly every other leg of the trip just so I wouldn't have to drive home from State College! I made that drive way too many times while James was in grad school and I just couldn't face it again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails