Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sneaky Elves

The elves came back again this year! This year, they showed up on Saturday afternoon with PJs and coloring books, but they also left something else: a poem about two reindeer to keep an eye on the kids:

You wanted an Elf on the Shelf this year,
Or at least that’s what I hear.
Well for almost seven years it’s been a big secret
But I’ll let you know if you promise to keep it

I’ve had someone to watch you for many years now,
And I guess I can tell you how:
A little reindeer has been in your house
Watching you but keeping quiet as a mouse.

Ever year at holiday time I send her to you
To watch and report on all that you do
She’s told me that you’re usually quite good
Doing the things that you know you should.

My elves are so busy I don’t have any to spare
Since you’ve asked for an elf I found a small reindeer to share.
You must find them tonight let’s make it a game.
And then you must give each a name.

They’ll come back to me each night
To let me know if you behaved or not quite

Were you helpful kind and polite?
Or were you rude and trying to fight?

After they’ve told me all that they know,
Back to you from the North Pole they’ll go.

They like to hide the same as the elves
You’ll need to look on furniture and shelves

After Christmas they’ll come home to me
But I’ll send them in summer to check in and see
If you’re still being good while the weather is hot
And if you should be back on the good list or not

So welcome them in and give them a name
It can be silly or cool but nothing too lame.
Merry Christmas to all dear Brady and Ru

Be good to your Brother and mom and Dad too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails