Wednesday, August 14, 2013

First day of school

As always, I find myself with mixed emotions at the beginning of the school year.  I want to be excited for the kids because I want them to like school.  And, it is exciting, of course:  new school supplies, bright new sneakers, excited teachers.   There is also some sense of craving for routine by the end of the summer.  Two and a half months of a free-wheelin' schedule takes its toll on the cleanliness of the house, our rest, our home-cooked meals, and our budget.

And yet.  I never feel like we've done enough with our summers.  Didn't squeeze in quite enough time at the pool, or day trips, or time with friends, or trips to the beach, or camping, or really anything!  It's tough to put them back on that bus on the first day of school and acknowledge that another summer has come and gone!

Brady started fourth grade this year.  He is thrilled with his teacher and has loads of friends in his class.  He will not be switching teachers for different subjects this year, which I think will be a good thing since his teacher seems really excited about cross-subject learning.  

Rudy is in second grade.  He didn't know much about his teacher when he first go the assignment, but loves her already.  Mary Emma and Tanner are in his class, which sealed the deal in his eyes!


I love the comparisons...Brady this year and in 2007 on his first day of preschool:

Rudy this year and on his first day of preschool (2009):



For a little look back:
I'm not sure what has grown more:  my kids or my hydrangeas!
2009 (Brady), 2009 (Rudy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails