The kids' school has an annual ski trip for 5th-8th graders. Brady was a little apprehensive about being set free on the slopes with his friends, but also really looking forward to it. I was a chaperone, which basically meant that it was my job to transport kids to and from the mountain and also to 'be a presence' on the slopes (aka - ski wherever I want all day by myself!)
I crossed paths with Brady a few times and all was well. But after lunch, I stuck close by for a bit - and good thing. He wiped out and totally blew out both of this ski boots. The plastic toes detached and the heels were holding on by shards of plastic. Of course, it happened on the blacks which are a fair distance from the ski lodge. I had to ski down to the bottom and then ride the lift at the top before I could talk to ski patrol.
They were kind enough to hook us up with a snowmobile, rather than making Brady hike back to the lodge. Not only did we get to ride on (me) and behind (Brady) the snowmobile, but they also gave him free equipment rental for the rest of the day. Crisis averted!



No comments:
Post a Comment