You know those moments you get, when you realize (again!) that your kids are just SO amazing? I've had a couple of those lately:
Rudy, Cooper, and Brady are playing trucks at Nana and Popsie's. There is a scuffle and no one quite knows who started it. Rudy ends up with the truck that Cooper apparently wants, so I pull Rudy aside and tell him that it's nice to share with our friends and he can play a couple minutes and then he should share with Cooper. A few minutes later, all kids are playing happily and I'm debating whether I need to intervene and request that Rudy hand over the truck. In the middle of the mental debate, Rudy rolls the truck over and hands it to Cooper and says, "Done."
We've been working on table manners, in an effort to avoid the mini debacle we had a few nights ago where Brady loudly declared that he didn't like what was being served. Tonight, he ate nearly all of his meat as well as his veggies and politely asked, "Can I may I be excused?" After receiving permission, he thanked the cook for dinner before leaving the table! No prompting necessary!
Sometimes, it's nice to think that we might actually be doing something right :)
No comments:
Post a Comment