During bed time preparations last night, Pinchy and Crabby sat on the recliner while Rudy and James read his book in bed.
James said good night, but Rudy called out and asked James to put Pinchy and Crabby in bed with him. James obligingly did so.
About 11:00 pm we heard Rudy crying so James went to check on him. James found him sitting up in bed sobbing "Pinchy is? Pinchy is?"
James: I don't know where Pinchy is, but I'm sure he'll be fine until the morning.
Rudy:Pinchy down dere, Pinchy down dere [pointing to the floor]
James: Well, I'm sure Pinchy will be fine on the floor tonight.
Rudy: No, pick 'em up, pick 'em up, pick up Pinchy crab!
James: You want me to pick him up?
Rudy: Yeah.
So James "picked up" Pinchy and put him back in the bed. Rudy pulled him close with a very happy smile and went right to sleep.
Next thing you know you'll be having to go back to the store to pick him up. That happened with my step dad and his son--he had to drive 40 minutes back to the store because they left his "friend."
ReplyDelete