Saturday, May 23, 2009

Backyard campfire

We built a campfire in the backyard and cooked hotdogs and s'mores for dinner Friday night.

While we were watching Brady do this, I asked what it is about little boys and fire, but then revised my question to little kids and fire.

James thought it was specific to little boys, but I have plenty of similar memories from our camping trips when I was a kid.

Brady almost burnt himself several times; we had to keep reminding him to be careful. I commented that as much as I remember fiddling with the campfires, I never remembered getting burnt. James, on the other hand, has several memories of minor campfire burns, mostly suffered at summer camp, no doubt surrounded by other little boys.

He thinks therein lies the difference between girls and boys...girls will listen and use caution; boys have to learn by burning themselves. More than once, apparently.

Oh, the joys I have to anticipate with two little boys!!



Charlie, eyeing Rudy's hot dog:
Charlie, after stealing Rudy's hot dog:
"But I still 'wuv her, Mommy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails