Monday, June 22, 2009

Because I needed an excuse to...

scrub down the walls in Rudy's room...
This is apparently how he entertained himself during naptime on Saturday. Quite artistic, isn't it??

We were annoyed, but not too much. It seems like a rite of passage when you have kids that sooner or later one of them will draw on the walls. I'm thankful that it was a colored pencil, rather than a crayon or permanent marker.

I'm not sure what is more amusing to me...
*the fact that I had actually written on my to do list last week to use the magic eraser on the walls?
*the fact that he managed to draw only on the parts of the wall that have the cheapo builder-grade-PITA-to wash paint and NOT the high quality blue paint we used?
*the fact that he apparently started drawing while in his bed but then felt the need to get out of bed and cover parts of two more walls?

I also find it pretty funny that the title for this post fits the rest of the week...
I needed an excuse to scrub down the deck stairs, right?
So it's really fine that the planter upended itself and covered the entire staircase with dirt and gravel. I needed an excuse for a leisurely drive in the country, right? So it's totally cool that the lady at the peach orchard over-exaggerated the actual amount (none!) of ripe peaches ready to be picked. I needed an excuse to kick up the exercise a notch, right? So it's groovy that we've had 3 sweets-laden celebrations in a week...and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails