Sunday, July 12, 2009

Half Birthday celebrations

We keep Brady's actually birthday pretty low key, since it's right after the holidays, and celebrate instead on his half birthday. He loves spreading out the celebration (and the gifts!) and being able to have a pool party.

We were a little worried because they closed down the pool due to thunder just before our party was supposed to start. We had reserved a clubhouse room for the beginning; luckily the storm had passed by the time we finished all of our inside activities.

When I'd asked Brady what kind of cake he wanted, he was very prompt in telling me a book cake. "Because he learned to read this year." (Everyone awww appropriately!)

Tony modified the covers of two of Brady's books and we had them printed on sugar paper at the grocery store bakery. Turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself :)
After the gifts, we are going to be all about Star Wars and Transformers around here! Brady was thrilled!

Dress up relay race:




They were all very excited about this cake, apparently!

You'll notice there is a significant lack of pool pictures from our pool party. That would be because both of the kids spent an hour at the pool in FULL MELTDOWN mode. We called it quits and headed home - where they both behaved beautifully the rest of the [very late] night.

Brady thanking B&R for the very cool pop-up Star Wars book:
Real baseball bat:

Very excited about a new Star Wars shirt. He also got a shirt taht reads, "I survived the Loch Ness monster" from my parents. I remember getting one of those long ago when I first rode it, and he was pretty happy to get one of his own!
Rudy didn't want to go to bed, but couldn't quite manage to keep his eyes open either...
All smiles with Oma, the morning after the party:

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails