Baseball is a tough sport for taking pictures. Every time I take a movie of a kid at bat, he strikes out. Seems like the only time they hit is when I'm not filming!
Rudy is playing machine pitch this season. He hits beautifully at home, but doesn't seem to have as much luck in the games. He typically plays outfield, but doesn't seem too bothered by that or at all interested in talking to the coach about a chance at infield. I think he really only tolerates baseball as a sport, so is pretty happy to not see a lot of balls!
Brady started off a little rusty this season, but has shown some interest in practicing at home. He's been practicing his batting swinging a golf club at ping pong balls and he's actually started getting a few hits at games. Of course, he's a smart kid and I think he's figured out that the statistics are in his favor if he watches most pitches; he is perfectly happy to take a walk and then steal his way to home. He's actually a great base-runner! He plays outfield too, but usually sees more action in minors than the outfield does in rookie. He has a good arm, so is easily able to make a good throw to the infield.



No comments:
Post a Comment