The spring first grade field trip was to a local zoo. The trip had to be postponed originally because of torrential rains, but the new date held perfect weather. Warm enough to be comfortable outside, but not so hot that the zoo was terribly stinky!
Rudy's class had extra chaperones, so we got to have Mary Emma in our group for the day. Hanging with these two kids makes for a pretty fun day!
With the prairie dogs. I'm not sure you can really tell, but there is a tiny baby prairie pup in the second picture...
Can you see the orangutan in the window behind them?
Giraffe feeding. I
didn't think to bring any money, so we couldn't buy the cups of animal
food. These poor kids were picking up the kibble that fell on the
ground to feed the giraffes.
Same story with the budgies...Rudy happened to find two sticks with birdseed on them that someone had left behind. The kids would have spent all day in this little aviary, if I'd let them.













No comments:
Post a Comment