The boys really wanted to find tide pools on this trip, so we set out today with that objective. Who knew it would be such a challenge? It didn't help that it was high tide, of course!
We took the ferry over to Port Orchard so we could drive by the house where my great-aunt used to live. I was only there twice, but it was pretty much exactly as I remember it!
We stopped at about a half dozen parks looking for tide pools. We didn't find any here, but there were spider crabs living on the pilings at least.
Notice Rudy's pants. The story: We made one stop at a naval history museum. We got out of the car and had walked several blocks before I noticed that Rudy had zipped off his pant legs. brrrr.
When we got back to the car, I told him we'd put them back on at the next stop. In that distance, he managed to spill his entire water bottle on one of the legs...
At another playground, where the highlight was this superfun zipline:
We'd seen some rock sculptures on the beach in Stanley Park, so they wanted to make their own miniature version:
Another stop to climb on rocks near the water. (I told you - this was a real trip highlight!)
Finally - last stop of the day in the near dark, we found some "tide pools." (In quotes because it was enough to make the boys happy!)
We found barnacles, anemones, 1 dungeness crab, and the smallest hermit crab ever.


















No comments:
Post a Comment