Monday, November 3, 2014

Pittsburgh

With James in China for the week, I decided that the kids and I needed to get out of town.  Our ultimate goal was to visit Grandma in Ohio, but I decided on an overnight around Pittsburgh for both the way up and back to force myself to break up the driving.  On the way up, we overnighted in Monroeville and hit the Carnegie Science Center the next day.  

Rudy started his morning right:  fruit loops with chocolate milk on top...

One huge room at the museum is filled with these enormous blocks.  At first, I thought it was just for little kids.  After I noticed older kids in there, I let these two loose and they spent a blissful hour constructing a fort.

d

Trying out the "zero gravity" wall...

This was supposed to be like laproscopic surgery...using different tools to move an object through the box.

We love the sports center at the museum.  It was a little crowded with a middle school field trip while we were there, but the kids still tried the 'nerves of steel' bike, the you-yo, and a few other exhibits.

Out to the river for a quick picture...

And then up to Mt. Washington for a few more snapshots...


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails