Thursday, December 4, 2008

More chuckles

A few more laughs we've had the last few weeks...

-Rudy was awake for several hours one night last week. I was also asleep and apparently very out of it, because it didn't occur to me in the middle of the night that he might not be feeling well. It was the next morning, that it started to register. He was in a good mood and eating his breakfast, but he kept telling me (very matter-of-factly) that his tummy hurt. Except he was pointing at his ear. I would ask him if his ear hurt. "No, Mommy, it's my tummy." And he'd point to his ear again. In any case, he had a terrible ear infection and you'll be glad to know that his "tummy" is better now!

-Since my birthday, Rudy has been impressed with the concept of surprise. He loves bringing me gifts or hiding and then jumping out and yelling "PURPRISE!"

-Remember last week, when I wrote about a good way to bring tears to my eyes (when the boys act like they love each other)? Well, we had a new way to make Mom want to cry this week. We had friends over and all the kids were upstairs playing. I overheard this lovely snippet:

Brady: Rudy, do you wanna get hit? [spoken in a voice like Ru was about to get a treat]
Rudy: No.
B: Do you wanna get hit? Do you want me to hit you?
R: Nope.
B: Then give me that jet or I'm going to hit you!

Oh. my.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails