Rudy spent the last two nights at Nana and Popsie's house. He walked into the house this afternoon when he came home, took a lap around and came back to me...
R: Wheresis da kitties? [anytime he can't find something he says wheresis]
K: They were sick. They had to go to the doctor.
R: Why?
K: They had colds and they needed a lot of medicine, so they needed to stay with the doctor.
R: [In deep thought for a while]
K: After the doctor makes them better, they'll go to new homes.
R: I have an apple??
I took the kittens to the SPCA to see the vet yesterday because Frankie and Lola were very lethargic and all three of them were sneezing and had runny noses. The vet called and said that all three of them needed 3 different meds 2-3 times a day for 10 days. I didn't feel like we'd be able to keep up with that schedule, especially around the holidays. We talked to Brady, who didn't seem too interested in keeping a cat, so we decided to leave the kittens at the SPCA where they'd be better taken care of.
I was worried that he would be distressed to come home and find the kittens gone. Apparently not...as long as we have food!
We did find out that the kids and I can start volunteering at the SPCA, so we'll be able to visit with Frankie, Lola, and Fiona until they get adopted.
No comments:
Post a Comment