Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Dinner helper

I'm still not sure what prompted it, but Brady asked me if he could help with dinner one night last week. When we came in, he asked if we could make "one of those circle cakes, with the hole in the middle." I finally figured out that he wanted to make one of the crescent roll wreaths that we've made in the past (we usually stuff with eggs and bacon.)

I told him we didn't have any crescent rolls, but we had a leftover roll of biscuit dough from camping. After I got him to agree that we couldn't fill his creation with chocolate (it being dinner and not dessert!), he decided we could use turkey and cheese.

I followed his instructions to press half of the biscuits on the cookies sheet. Then he layered on some meat and cheese and we shredded the remaining biscuits to make a mummy head. I have NO idea how he came up with this idea but it was very cute (uh, I mean spooky) and quite tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails