We had a combined family birthday party for the kids this weekend, with a combined theme of Despicable Me (for Brady) and Minecraft (for Rudy). Oma, Papa, Brian, Rebecca, Lila, and Teddy came up from the beach and Nana and Popsie flew in from Arizona!
Opening presents. The boys were surprised and rather confused by a cooler of ice. They were THRILLED when the ice was followed by a snow cone machine. It wasn't on their wishlists, but only because it hadn't ever occurred to them to ask for one.
This was a great year for presents! They got a tetherball set, Rummykub, Despicable Me Monopoly, Clue, rockets, and a trip to Great Wolf Lodge! Wow - lucky kids!
The cakes were surprisingly simple this year. It was a nice change from some of the stressful cake preparations I've gotten myself into in the past!
Rudy requested a diamond Minecraft pickaxe. We made these Steve heads following a tutorial I found online. They were great as blindfolds for games later that night and just generally for giggles!
And Brady wanted minions. I love these guys! Might be my favorite "cake" yet!



No comments:
Post a Comment