We flew back from Jamaica on December 19 and had our family Christmas at Oma and Papa's house on December 20. This would normally be a somewhat herculean organizational feat for me, to pack for both a Caribbean vacation and a Christmas party/gift exchange; add the flood to it, and I was especially happy that this year I was unusually ahead of the Christmas game. I had all my gifts purchased and wrapped by the first week of December!
Wow - this picture! Don't they all look thrilled??
Shepherd = adorable!!
Present time! The adults decided we were going to dial it back this year for the kids, and I loved it. The kids got a few gifts that they really loved, and we spent more time playing with the new toys (and each other) and less time opening. We got Lila and Teddy one toy and gave them each a gift card in a handmade book with ideas of how they could spend it. Brady, Rudy, and I had fun creating the books, and brainstorming fun ways that Lila and Teddy could spend the money.
Brian is notorious for never giving anyone gift ideas. Rebecca is almost as bad. This year, I sent a link to the inflatable Christmas decor section and said I was going to select one or two for their house if they didn't send me some ideas. I'm pretty sure I got Rebecca's wish list almost immediately.
Still nothing from Brian, though, so I sent another link to the tacky Christmas attire at Target and told him I might pick from there too. He said he liked the Gnome sweater...so the lucky guy got this awful sweater and a snowman inflatable for Christmas. Ha; that'll teach him. (He doesn't look at all disappointed, though, does he?)
Checking out the new toys! A hand-painted tea set from Grandma Louise and a LeapPad for Lila. Vehicle construction for Ted. Demolition Lab for Brady.
Chillin' with cousins...



















No comments:
Post a Comment