Friday, July 17, 2015

Chicken sitting

Ellen and Garth trusted the boys with the care of their chicken flock while they were on a 10 day vacation.  Brady and Rudy took over the chores that Ellen's kids usually share:  collecting and washing eggs and watering and feeding the chickens.  Thankfully, our duties didn't last long enough for us to have any serious coop cleaning duties.  We all loved going to see the chickens in the mornings, when they would be anxiously awaiting their release, and getting to know some of the personalities of the birds.  I really loved all of the eggs!  I typically don't enjoy eating eggs, as I find them rather sulfur-y tasting; not these, though...these were delicious!


We all got a chuckle out of the hen who laid an egg on the front porch rocking chair :)

Of course, having a few minutes to bounce may have been the best part for the boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails