Ellen and I took the kids peach picking which subequently led to a busy few days of preserving. My entire kitchen was covered in a sticky layer of sugary residue, but we have 6 jars of canned peaches and LOTS of really fabulous peach almond jam (jelly? I can never remember!) to look forward to. I tried the low sugar pectin this time around and got great results with the jam - crushed peaches, a dollop of almond extract, (plus a dollop of vanilla vodka in one batch) equals a treat I can eat with a spoon...who needs bread?!
The canned fruit pictures didn't look too impressive...but I do have these. One of the mishap of the broken jar. Bummer.
And one of all of the peaches after a full day of canning...phew!
After this happened to start my Monday morning, I decided it was time to get the pantry under control.
I sent this to Ellen, whose second guess for this substance was cocaine. Upon further inquiry, she did point out that James is a chemist who is back to school in business; maybe we were looking to ramp up production. Put your mind at ease...it's sugar, promise.
I refuse to give in to my Pinterest-y cravings and pay a small fortune for a designer looking pantry, but I did feel much better once mine was a least a little more organized!




No comments:
Post a Comment