Despite my best efforts to talk Rudy into a party somewhere besides home, he was insistent on a pool party sleepover. I'm a sucker for some of these kids, so we ended up with five extra kids spending the night. They are a pretty good bunch and, aside from a few who found potty humor way more amusing than I did, we had a great time.
Ben, Cooper, Brady, Mary Emma, Nathan, Rudy, and Tanner:
Twinsies!
We had some time to kill after the pool but before the pizza was ready. I'm wide enough to know that seven unsupervised kids wound up for a birthday party can be trouble. I've got a standby bag of Minute to Win It games for just such occasions!
Pizza, then presents...
A few rounds of spoons before cake:
Rudy had a hard time deciding what kind of cake he wanted. First, he thought he wanted one that looked like the Tomorrowland pin, but then he started thinking about his guests. Mary Emma doesn't like cake, and Tanner is allergic to eggs. Finally, Rudy thought of an ice-cream-sandwich cake, which was perfect: super easy for me to make and each of his guests liked it!
Finally, settled in to watch the movie:


















No comments:
Post a Comment