Saturday, August 15, 2015

Mediterranean Cruise - Day 3, At sea



Today was one of our two days at sea. so we let the boys sleep in a bit in the morning.  They were pretty pooped from the long flight over and the two days in Barcelona, so it was definitely well deserved!

Today was a much quieter day at sea.  We ate breakfast and then went to the pool.  The boys played and Kelly and I read until lunch time.  After lunch, we went to a talk about upcoming ports of call and then went to the sports deck for a soccer challenge. Brady played but Rudy didn't.  Brady was pretty nervous.  He was one of the youngest and most of the other players were non-American and either later teen or 20s, and the level of play was quite high with a lot of showmanship and fancy footwork.  Brady got put on a team with three Spaniards and the HAL organizer who swapped out for a Brit.  They ended up being very good and Brady played very well.  He stayed on his feet and even had some fancy footwork of his own - draw the ball back with the right then pass it left behind your left foot - and some assists and even scored his own goal.  By the end, he looked pretty happy so I'm glad he played.  Kelly said, "I can't imagine doing that when I was 11."  And I would have to agree.  I hope the confidence continues.  -James


Today was our day at sea so we had a later breakfast and headed straight for the pool.  The water was pretty cold but once I got used to the water it was pretty fun.  The sea was pretty rough so the pool was a wave pool.  We went to a pretty boring (but slightly helpful) information presentation about the ports.  I played some soccer with and against some teenagers and didn't play too badly.  We came back to the room for some quiet time before heading down to our first formal dinner.  It wasn't bad except I ate too much.  Then we went to a show that wasn't the best.  Hopefully the comedy guy does much better!  -Brady
 

Today was our day at sea.  It was pretty fun.  We ate breakfast then we went to the pool.  After that we went to a party.  Then we went back to the pool after the pool we went to lunch.  Then I took a shower and Brady played soccer.  Then we went to dinner and we had dessert.  Then we went to a show.  After the show we ha a second dessert then played Fluxx and went to bed.  -Rudy
 

We didn't pull the camera back out until after dinner.  We had received complimentary boutonnieres as part of our package suite, and the boys laid claim to the flowers.  The lighting was perfect for pictures.  As James said, "Sunset is a good time to take pictures. It doesn't mean it's a good time to hold still."

  


We did eventually get a few good pictures ...


  
   
Kelly and I took turns at the gym and then we got cleaned up for our fancy dinner.  The boys wore our Neptune Suite boutonnieres.  After dinner, we were going to go to the show but Kelly and I changed our minds and watched the sunset instead.  It was awesome.  We met the boys and Nana and Popsie in the Lido for dessert #...? and then went to the Crows Nest for a game of Fluxx.  We got kicked out at 10:00 pm.  We finished in our room and after the typical bedtime shenanigans from the boys - "get your foot off my side" - we called it a night.  -James

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails